Canyoning is an extreme, aquatic and adventure sport that falls in love with anyone who practices it. This activity is a set of various techniques consisting of rope descent, swimming, jumping, and climbing, all within this impressive sport.
In what setting is this sport practiced?
This sport is practiced in rocky canyons, rivers, streams with waterfalls, caves and water wells, in all these terrains the obstacles are different and each one more exciting than the previous.
Safety about adventure sports is an invaluable aspect, which is why we make known certain characteristics that must to pay attention to perform this outstanding sport.
1. First you must have good physical capacity, good health and you should like to generate adrenaline.
2. You must have adequate equipment which some operators of this sport provide you to protect their customers.
3. Within the equipment there are 2 types:
a. Collective equipment that the whole group uses for ropes, first aid kit, rescue rope and cordelette for rope recovery.
b. Individual equipment which are composed of a wetsuit, booties, suitable footwear, harness, quickdraw, backpack, anchor bags, carabiners,
Activities involving Canyoning
Depending on the scenery and the difficulty, different activities are involved, among the most common and important are:
• Ascend and descend. In Canyoning, descend is used more, in certain situations, you will have to make small ascents to continue advancing on the route or to be able to access other areas.
• Swimming. Activity which you practice in areas of the route with a minimum depth of water, but that allows this activity to be carried out.
• Jumps. It then consists of jumping into a pool of water.
Canyoning is an activity practiced in different countries of the world, including Ecuador, it is considered a very fun, safe and impressive activity.
You also can visit